Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Let the wild rumpus start!"

I hope everyone of you reading this has read and cherished the book Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak.If you have not... please proceed to do so. I love this book so much that in fact when I DID have checks I got an extra line after my address that read: "let the wild rumpus begin" because...who DOESN'T want to say that anytime they get a check!

As many of you may know the majority of fictional books I read -I'd say 82%- are children and young adult literature. Should you ever need a recommendation...pick me, pick me!




Here is a preview of the movie "Where the Wild Things Are" and I just got goose bumps watching it. I wouldn't normally be SUPER excited about a book being put on screen due to my numerous disappointments in the past. Also, I hadn't considered this book being themed with "Hope". However, I have high hopes because the book uses little words and leaves much room for imagination. So the movie can take liberties with the storyline, I think, without damaging the integrity of it. I imagine there is much argument about this so...we shall see...

Meanwhile, please... enjoy the magic.

No comments: